About the BBPA
Founded in 1983, the BBPA is a non-profit, charitable organization that addresses equity and opportunity for the Black community in business, employment, education and economic development.
The BBPA sponsors the annual BBPA Harry Jerome Awards, a national awards event that recognizes and honours excellence in achievement and supports higher education through the BBPA National Scholarship Fund. In addition, the BBPA sponsors the: BBPA Leaders of Tomorrow Program/Conference, BBPA Exchange, BBPA Choirfest, Martin Luther King Celebration, Annual Black Heroes Golf Tournament and National Black Business and Professional Conference.
- To encourage and support the pursuit of entrepreneurship, business, professional excellence, higher education and economic empowerment.
- To facilitate access to people and resources.
- To identify and reward excellence in achievement.
- To establish linkages and co-operate with other organizations on matters pertaining to
business, education, economic development and community wellness.
- To build cross-cultural understanding and promote equity.
To be the organization of choice for serving the Black community’s business, professional and economic development needs.
To advance Canada’s Black communities by delivering programs that support business and professional excellence, higher education and economic development.