2019 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
BBPA NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS
TO BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED BY THE GIVEN DEADLINE
This application form must be completed by all 2019 candidates for scholarships offered by the BBPA National Scholarships and it must be submitted no later than Friday, May 31, 2019. Please read each question/item carefully before providing a response. Also, you cannot complete the application in stages, therefore, you should plan to complete and submit it in one sitting.
Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
To be a candidate for a 2019 scholarship you must first accept the BBPA NS’s Terms and Conditions. We advise that you print a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your records. For more details regarding the application form and process, you should read the Scholarship Application Guide (2019) which is available on the website www.bbpa.org
Terms and Conditions which Apply to All 2019 Scholarship Applicants
1. The BBPA National Scholarships reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, amend or cancel its 2019 scholarship-granting program at any time without notice, and to make all decisions respecting the awarding of scholarships, and the administration of the Terms and Conditions of the Program.
2. You are responsible for ensuring the information provided in your scholarship application and accompanying documents is true, accurate and complete. Should you submit inaccurate or incomplete information, your candidacy may be cancelled. You are also responsible for reading the Scholarship Application Guide – 2019 – which is available on the website.
3. You are responsible for ensuring your application and associated documents are received by the BBPA National Scholarships’ office by the given deadlines.
4. To be considered for a Scholarship, you must be:
i) A member of Canada’s Black community (i.e. you are a Black person of discernible African ancestry and you self identify as Black/African- Canadian/African-Caribbean/African-American);
ii) Enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student in the academic year 2019 at an accredited post-secondary institution (as determined by the BBPA NS);
iii) A Canadian citizen or a permanent-resident of Canada, and
iv) A maximum 30 years of age at the start of the 2019-20 academic year.
5. By submitting this application, you authorize the National Scholarship Fund to collect, verify, use, and store the information you provide in this Application, and in all associated information and documents which you submit. You also authorize the BBPA National Scholarships to share your application and associated information with assessors, judges, and any other representatives that are designated by the BBPA NS, who need to know such information for the purpose of administering and promoting the scholarships.
6. All material and documents submitted with your application become the possession of the BBPA National Scholarships and will not be returned to you.
By clicking “I Agree” you agree to our Terms and Conditions