Raising the bar of excellence
to make a difference within the Black community
About the Black Business and Professional Association
Founded in 1983, the BBPA is a non-profit, charitable organization that addresses equity and opportunity for the Black community in business, employment, education and economic development.
To advance Canada’s Black communities by delivering programs that support business and professional excellence, higher education and economic development.
To be the organization of choice serving the Black community’s business, professional and economic development needs.
- To encourage and support the pursuit of entrepreneurship, business, professional excellence, higher education and economic empowerment.
- To facilitate access to people and resources.
- To identify and reward excellence in achievement.
- To establish linkages and co-operate with other organizations on matters pertaining to
business, education, economic development and community wellness.
- To build cross-cultural understanding and promote equity.
The BBPA produces the annual BBPA Harry Jerome Awards, a national awards event that recognizes and honours excellence in achievement and supports higher education through the BBPA National Scholarship. In addition, the BBPA sponsors a Black History Month Business Event, The National Black Business and Professional Conference, and we work in partnership with to support community initiatives.
Support the Black Business and Professional Association.
Make a donation today.