Business and Professional Affairs
- Plan and organize seminars and other educational programs related to business and professional development for BBPA members and the Black community as a whole.
- Manage the content of the BBPA’s website.
- Publish a quarterly newsletter for circulation to members.
- Provide oversight for all aspects of the BBPA’s public relations.
- Support all other committees in the promotion of BBPA events.
- Plan and execute fundraising functions on behalf of the BBPA, in co-operation with other committees.
- Recruit individuals to serve on the Board of Directors.
- Manage the process for nominations to the Board of Directors.
- Manage all aspects of BBPA General Meetings.
Harry Jerome Awards Committee
- Plan and execute the annual Harry Jerome Awards Ceremony in co-operation with other committees.
- Be responsible for recruiting members and processing new member applications.
- Keep an up-to-date list of all members and membership renewals.
- Develop and maintain member benefits.
- Determine community needs and assist the Board in developing programs and activities to satisfy such needs in accordance with the BBPA’s objectives.
Young Professionals (YP) Committee
- Lead outreach activities to motivate the interest of Black youth in entrepreneurship and educational achievement.
- Develop and execute programs and activities focused on young entrepreneurs and professionals.